October 23, 2009

Si Jali Speaks Out! "The opponent might copy your moves, but they can’t copy your brain"

by Han
published by Rinie 23rd October 2009



Si_Jali Trademark Pose


Besides being the creator and founder of Spotgamers, Si_Jali also has another important commitment. And it is to be a professional FIFA gamer. In his first ever tournament since last year’s early exit at WCG.MY08, he managed to fight his way to the final, losing in an epic match against his former clan mate [T2.W|nDs]Vin. His gallant effort in reaching the final was not in vain though, as he managed to acquire a ticket to Chengdu, China to pit his wits against the best in the world. Here, Spotgamers present a revealing interview on how he reflects the tournament, THAT match and his hopes for the Grand Final.


1. How would you like to reflect on WCG.MY 09? Was it a great success or regret that you could have done better?

It wasnt really a succes nor regrets. If its brutal truth, then yes i regretted that im no.2. But judging from the lack of tourneys that I joined this year (WCG was the 1st tourney i join this year) it is sumthing I should be proud of. I manage to overcome all the challenges during the tourney and manage to be on top of the game. But I have to congratulate Vin for his magnificent form in the game. Now that I’ve learned my weaknesses and mistakes, I will strive to improve my game play in the future. But it was pretty obvious to me that I need more match training and tourney experience to get myself ready for the big challenge.





2. The final against Vin was epic, what was going through your mind during that final?

During the final i have set my own strategy against Vin. The strategy works in the beginning but too bad I did a few mistakes and was unlucky as well. Though i had the advantage in the Winner's bracket, but i wasted it and commit a few mistakes that shouldnt happened in a professional match. I tried to recover but i guess it was too much for my mind to think at that point. There were a lot of negativity surrounding me at that time but i tried my best to overcome it. Anyway anyhow Vin is really a great player and is a player where no one should be taken lightly from now onwards. Congrats again to him.



3. The top-3 has the right to represent Malaysia to the Grand Final in China. Are you going there?

Yup! Luckily enough I manage to find sponsors to support me to China. This would be my 2nd chance to beat my previous record (4th In 05) and to achieve my dream which is to be the world champion. Please do pray for team Malaysia bring back medal yea ^^




4. What has been your secret for the brilliant run all the way to the final?

One thing that I’ve learned from my previous exp is that you gotta go all out. WCG is not a place for you to play around. Its serious business. There is no time for you to keep secrets and everything. Its time to show off your skills. If you do not do that, you will definitely lose because your opponent is definitely playing all out. Maybe some players are concerned on the fact that someone might copy their skills. Well, thats normal. It is part of the game. Thats why you got to be ready for all of this. Preparation and planning is important. You must always have strategies and tactics in place.

The opponent might copy your moves, but they can’t copy your brain.




5. Do you have any advice to players who would wish to play FIFA in tournaments? Mind sharing some tips?

Do not just focus on the skills. Instead focus on the mind games and mental part. The winner is never the best player, but he is the smartest of all.



This articles also featured at www.rapturegaming.net

5 comments:

momad said...

rinie. haha, who sponsored your very first wcg debut?

Rinie said...

youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

momad said...

haha. goodluck mate! insyaAllah will get you to the final. the rest is up 2 u. shingna

:::piEEsHaFiEe::: said...

hello..are there any match video on wcg 09 msia xpecially on fifa 09?

Rinie said...

unfortunately no :(