August 22, 2008

Interview: Warcraft 3 WCG Champion, Ct.XreV-Serry

I managed to catch up with Serry after he won the WCG National Finals against the Orc, SiN[Pin.zz]. He managed to come from the losers bracket, win it all and take the title. He even managed to eliminate our 5 year unstoppable champion, Paulyan'.



Spotgamers: Hello, Serry. Before we begin can you give a brief introduction?

Serry: My name is Yap Teng Lian and I'm 18 years old this year. My main game is Warcraft 3
The Frozen Throne. I use the race Night Elf

Spotgamers: Congrats on your win at the WCG Malaysia Finals? What was your feeling after
you found out you have won?

Serry: Firstly I would like to thank my sponsors Cybertime. I was so happy that I can't sleep at
night. I cannot use words to describe my feeling. But WCG 2008 is my passion.

Spotgamers: Ok, do you think you will do the same in Germany?

Serry: I am confident. But comparing my skills with the other players in the world, I'm still far
behind. I just wish I can do well for Malaysia and also Cybertime.

Spotgamers: You went for National Service for 3 months, did it effect your training in Warcraft
3?

Serry: I guess so. I did not touch the game for 3 months. But I missed the game while I was
there.

Spotgamers: Thats really a passion for the game. Some technical questions. In WCG Malaysia,
the patch used was 1.21. In the grand finals, the patch that they are using is 1.22.
There are changes like staff-passing, do you think it will effect you?

Serry: I don't think so. I did well because of my ability and not the staff-passing. Its all about
micro and macro. So I think it will not effect me in the Grand Finals.

Spotgamers: Yup, true. So as the Grand Finals is approaching, how much time do you take to
train?

Serry: When I have time. What I usually do is watch replays beacuse replays helps a lot. It
makes a big difference.

Spotgamers: Replays are important. A community related question. Most players think
Warcraft 3 is imbalance, it is one sided. What is your opinion?

Serry: For me, NO. There is no imbalance in the game. As I said, micro and macro is
imporatant. And if one race wins forever, everyone will play that certain race right?

Spotgamers: Thats correct. So some short questions. Favourite matchup?

Serry: Night Elf versus Orc

Spotgamers: Because you've beaten Pin? Haha. Favourite Map?

Serry: Twisted Meadows

Spotgamers: Hated Race?

Serry: Random

Spotgamers: Haha, as you won't know what race he will go right. Funny question. Pretty girls
or lala girls? :D

Serry: Cute girls who are good :D

Spotgamers: Missed this question earlier, you have beaten paulyan' and many others. Do you
think you can maintain this winning streak just like paulyan' , who did it for 5
years?

Serry: I never thought about it. I enjoy the game more than winning.

Spotgamers: Well we from Spotgamers wish you all the best in Germany and thanks for the
interview.

Serry: Thank you too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I prefer if u ask question how did he manage to beat paulyan and how did he lost in upper bracket before manage to climb up back from lower bracket :S

Tristan said...

He knows how paulyan' was gonna play...he has beaten paulyan' many times on GGC and I managed to ask Pin how he lost as well. The answer was simple...Pin prepared to face paulyan' and not Serry, and Serry knows that Pin was gonna use the same strategy that he used against Serry in the early stages. So Serry was already prepared

Unknown said...

Well...commenting on the lala girls thing...
After working for so long in Times Square/Sungei Wang, i felt that not all the lala girls are bad actually...they are still some good one, so don't treat "lala" as bad =x