September 28, 2009

"Impossible Is Nothing" - [T2.W|nDs]a13x

by Han
published by Rinie 28th September 2009



Alex in a more relaxed mood


One of the top players in Malaysian FIFA, a13x has just finished from representing Malaysia in the One Asia Cup and is preparing for the WCG.My. Though he came back empty handed from Singapore, the failure did not deter him, as he is more passionate than ever to regain success in competitive gaming. Here, he reveals his unique experience of representing the country and his preparations for the WCG.My.


1. What do you think of your overall performance at the One Asia Cup?

Actually i'm kind of disappointed with myself for doing so badly and got knocked out in the group stage. I'm kind of well prepared for it after winning the MOL Cup but it's a situation that is hard to be explained during One Asia Cup. The moment i played my warm-up matches at the tournament area i felt that there's something different, like there's some kind of slight delay and the player's movements weren't smooth. My worst enemy is a delay gameplay and thus, i've lost the first 2 games out of 3 in the Group Stage. Anyway, it's not an excuse for the exit and i won't deny that the other players from other countries were not easy to play with too. Overall i'm upset with myself for such poor performance in my first international tournament but i'll remember this experience and treat it as another point of improvement for myself to do better in the upcoming tourneys.




2. Team Vietnam swept most of the honors. What do you think went wrong for team Malaysia?

Team Vietnam is obviously not a weak team. In my 2nd match in the group stage which i played against Vietnam, i was actually leading 2-0. All of a sudden, the Vietnamese scored 3-4 goals from a same corner style. I couldn't do a thing to stop the player from crossing and it was also my mistake for not knowing how to defend it. The Vietnamese is a strong team as they must have trained and drilled each special move they know, so they are the deserved winners. I think Team Malaysia were weak on the 2v2 side because there was not a proper 2v2 qualifier to select the REALLY best 2v2 teams from Malaysia to compete in SG. However, both of the Malaysian 2v2 teams did quite well and they are considered very good to be able to have decent results against the other experienced 2v2 teams. I'm pretty sure that Malaysia will do even better in the next tourney if we were to have a proper 2v2 qualifier.



3. How do you think you can improve for the upcoming international tournaments?

It's a same procedure for every gamer. The more you play, the more you train, the more different people you play with as well as exposure to more tournaments will definitely help to improve you. For me, i'll get really upset if i couldn't win in a tourney, be it a small or big tourney, it's a goal that i've made to show that i'm the best. So whenever i lost, it's a point for me to review on my weaknesses and to overcome them. Also it's the spirit and determination that boost the mentality to be calm and to play properly, so i would work on all aspects to push myself to another level as tourneys passed by.



4. What do you think of the quality of the opposition in the One Asia Cup?

I can see that all of the representatives from the other countries were all well-prepared for the big tournament. Thus, they were showing real top quality to show that they are indeed the best from their respective nations. Thailand was slightly lacked behind but i'm sure they will be better after getting the experiences back home. Singapore, especially the 2v2 team and Vietnam both were consistent and played at their best. It was really a great experience to have played with the quality players and definitely the Malaysia teams have learned a lot, further improving ourselves for the upcoming tournaments.



5. The WCG.MY for FIFA09 is coming up in a few days. How are your preparations?

It's definitely gonna be hard for me as i've not played FIFA09 for a very long time, ever since the MMU CyberFusion '09 event. Due to the different gameplays that FIFA Online 2 and FIFA09 have, i've only fully concentrated on FIFA Online 2 as there were a few tourneys this year, compared to FIFA09. So since the One Asia Cup is over and there's WCG09 and CELgames09 (need to defend my title!) coming, i'll have to convert to FIFA09 now and start training myself up within just a 2-weeks period. I've started training with my clan-mates in the past few days and it started to look good for me. However, I have to put extra efforts to polish up my skills and hopefully, Lady Luck will be on my side too during the tournaments.


This article is also featured at Rapture Gaming Network

0 comments: