November 10, 2009

John Rambo - Go for Gold or Die Trying

by Han
published by Rinie 10 November 2009






A podium finish for John Rambo in WCG.MY 2009 will ensure that he will be one of Malaysia’s representatives for the Starcraft Grand Final in China. John is relatively pleased with his triumph, and expressed his difficult task ahead in China to try to outwit the Koreans, who are already famed in the Starcraft gaming industry. He also offers advice to gamers out there on how to become a better player, so do read on for more information from this top Malaysian gamer.


1. How do you reflect on your performance in the WCG.MY? A great triumph or disappointment?

It was both a disappointment and an achievement. Disappointment because I did not emerge as champion, an achievement was because I was able to fight back all the way to the last final match. That alone was a test of endurance and persistence.




2. Were you confident of being crowned the Champion in that event?
Yes I was.


3. What do you think of the quality of opposition in the WCG.MY?
His skills were similar to last year, but this time he brought a difference in which he dared to take chances using a different race against me, one which is he not best at.

4. You are drawn in a tough group in the Grand Finals. How do you rate your chances?
I think I can get top 4 in the group. I'm definitely not the favourite, but I like my chances.


5. A total of 9 Malaysian players will be representing Malaysia for the Grand Finals. Are you confident we can bring a medal back?
I'm very happy that Malaysia has many representatives per game this time. This will do good for team morale, as well as enhance game skills/tactics by discussions. I have high confidence in the Malaysian team, especially seeing the attitudes of previous WCG.MY winners such as Vin, Jali and Serry. As for me, it'll be a tough job, as Starcraft is Korea's bread and butter, but I’m definitely going for gold, or die trying. You know what I mean.


6. Do you have any messages to our readers who would like to play games professionally?
Stay in school. There's no substitute for GOOD education. Being technically good in games is not the only requirement to succeed in gaming. There are many aspects in professional gaming, such as superior attitude, experience, a broad and quick mind, and not to mention brain and muscle speed (coordination). If you're happy with yourself and other aspects of your life, you're likely to be able to compete/perform better. A balance is needed to take it to the next level.



1 comments:

Online Sports said...

Just wanted to say that this is a cool site! I'd like to know where can I find the best online sports sites? Is this site listed as a Top at www.dozensports.com? I am a huge online sports fan and love to watch NBA, NFL, NHL and MLB. But I want the best sites out there for real fans.