November 4, 2009

Xtr3me Interview "The operation was a painful one and it was one which i barely made it through"

by Han
published by Rinie 4th November 2009



Xtr3me3: Often found on podiums.



A few weeks back we ran the news that one of Singapore’s top gamers, Xtr3me3 from Team Titans is having a life and death operation. While we prayed for his safety, Xtr3me3 had to persevere trough his toughest test yet. He has now recovered from that operation, and will now continue his exciting journey in life.
We caught up with Xtr3me3 for a chat.


1) There were many well wishers for you when you were hospitalized. Are you able to inform them how has the operation progressed?

Firstly, thanks to everyone for all the well wishes and i was surprised there were quite a number of them. Even international team's like Team Dignitas did a coverage as well. I'm really touched. Back to where its concerned, the operation was a painful one and it was one which i barely made it through. Something happened during the op and managed to scrap through. A relapsed occured again days after the operation but thank god i'm still alive now.



2) Prior to the operation were you confident of making a recovery?

So much has happened to me in recent years that it has come to the point where I told myself, whatever happens, happens. At the end of the day its God's will. For now, I’m in the recovery process. It’s going to be a long painful journey to recovery with therapy to go through. Estimated healing time will take about 9-14 months. For now I’m still not out of danger yet because my lungs are still very weak. Fingers crossed everything will go well.




3) Would the operation have any adverse effect on your ability to still be a top gamer?

It might and it might not. But whatever it is, its going to be hard to affect me in a way because of the passion I’ve got for eSports and with the massive support from TitaNs, i guess I won't give up that easily.



4) We heard that you are going to Korea and Vietnam for a FIFA Online 2 meet. Can you tell us more about that event?


The Korea and Vietnam trip will be interesting for me. I'm actually invited to Vietnam to do an exhibition match there against the Vietnamese Champion. Vietnam will be having their National Championship for FIFA Online 2 next weekend and I’m invited as a special guest and do some autograph and picture taking session.

The Korean Invitational is a major eSports event which is going to be held in December. Its strictly invitational and about 5-8 countries are involved. Its going to be an interesting tournament because its a format I’ve not been through before. There’s going to be a best of 5 and best of 7 matches along the way. With that said, i'm hoping to prepare well for the event and bring something back. :)



This article is also featured at Rapture Gaming Network

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm saddened by the news that no Counterstrike 1.6 represent Malaysia. Back in the old days 2001we have numerous cybercafe all linked due to the stupid syndicate who get the license (Sendi Mutiara) all these cybercafe were forced to close down. Therefore, people now more often play ONLINE rather than network. Still remember the good old days, where PLAM ruled the CS scene, the devil twins Keigo & Masaki, NCT Haze, Boy3, NBTD, EDTS, SynD, FMJ. Where are these people, they now switched to online games rather than training. All the fkn curse on Sendi Mutiara, you've fkn spoiled the talent we have in Malaysia.

Retired CS fanatic. Sorry i can't control my emotion when i don't find any CS team represent Malaysia. Fu..ck to Sendi Mutiara curse the boss die in some mishap

Gamer said...

Hey hey.
I'm one of the current CS1.6 players in Msia now.
I'm quite sure all of us want to represent Malaysia in WCG.

But WCG Malaysia didn't even host a local qualifier for us. It's not our fault :(